Imagine exploring 11 countries and 21 ports during the course of 36 leisurely days – and only unpacking once. Perhaps you’d be reveling in the colorful nightlight and beaches of Rio de Janeiro and Buzios one week, and later experiencing the wonder of the natural beauty surrounding Walvis Bay and Cape Town. Or maybe you’d combine the best of Japan with gems lining the Java Sea or even the Russian Far East and Alaska. Your imagination is the only limit when it comes to our Grand Voyage possibilities. Read on for our Destination Specialists’ top 5 reasons for booking a Grand Voyage or Extended Journey.
1. More in-depth explorations in a particular region or country. Who hasn’t ended a shorter cruise wanting more? After all the packing, planning and traveling to the embarkation port, you really get a chance to delve more deeply and do some exploring on our Grand Voyages and Extended Journeys.
2. You’re staying at a boutique floating hotel for the duration of your travels. Explore the more off-the-beaten-path places in India, Southeast Asia, Africa and beyond while enjoying the luxuries and amenities of our onboard experience. A deep tissue massage at the spa followed by Champagne on your veranda after you’ve trekked through rainforests in Thailand? Yes, please.
3. More time for yourself. Not only are you bound to have some sea days to spend exactly as you wish – disconnecting, wine tasting, lounging by the pool – but you also don’t have to deal with any of the hassle, in-transit delays and waiting that a comparable overland trip would require.
4. Dream travel adventures. Want to see the Great Pyramids of Giza and the majestic Taj Mahal? Or maybe you’ve been dreaming of rounding the tip of South America and exploring French Polynesia. Cross multiple travel dreams off your list with one longer cruise that invites you to combine two or more spectacular regions.
5. Escape winter. Month-long or even more extended journeys give you a chance to escape the worst of winter. Why not spend January or February island-hopping your way to Sydney, reveling in the sun-drenched Caribbean or soaking up South America’s summertime?
This blog originally appress at https://oceaniacruisesblog.com/2018/05/29/5-reasons-to-take-a-grand-voyage/