New State-of-the-Art Ship, Four New Itineraries, New Land Programs and Early Booking Rewards Now Available
The award-winning luxury river cruise line, AmaWaterways, announced that its 2021 sailings are now open for reservations, with added rewards for those who book early. Continuing its traditions of innovation and excellence in river cruising, the company will welcome a new state-of-the-art ship, four new exciting itineraries and new pre- and post-cruise land programs in some of Europe’s most sought-after destinations.
AmaLucia Launching March 2021 and Five Ships Repositioning
Joining AmaWaterways’ flourishing European fleet, the new 156-passenger AmaLucia, sister ship to AmaSiena (2020), will feature signature twin balconies, connecting staterooms and multiple dining venues including The Chef’s Table, among other luxurious amenities. Celebrating spring in the Netherlands and Belgium, AmaLucia begins her journey March 16, 2021 sailing a series of Tulip Time cruises before setting sail on the Danube, Rhine, Main and Moselle rivers.
In response to the growing demand for more French itineraries, AmaWaterways announced the repositioning of three ships – besides the award-winning AmaKristina moving to the Rhône, AmaDante will join AmaLyra on the Seine and AmaCello will sail a new itinerary on both the Rhône and Saône rivers. Lastly, AmaBella and AmaVerde will rejoin AmaWaterways’ European fleet sailing the Dutch & Belgian Waterways and the Danube.
Four New European Itineraries Plus New Pre- and Post-Cruise Land Programs
In 2021, AmaWaterways will debut four new seven-night cruise itineraries – all complemented by enriching pre- or post-cruise land programs:
- Impressions of the Seine & Paris sailing on board AmaDante from Paris to Le Havre (or reverse) will take guests through the best of Northern France including idyllic towns, beautiful gardens and Normandy’s historical hubs.
- Land options: Pre-cruise: Two nights in Paris / Post-cruise: Three nights in St. Malo with a visit to the magical island monastery of Mont St. Michel and one night in Paris, France
- Essence of Burgundy & Provence sailing on board AmaCello from Chalon-sur-Saône to Arles (or reverse) is sure to awaken all of guests’ senses with visits to romantic cities and artistic epicenters, along with experiences such as learning to cook French food in Valence at a culinary school.
- Land options: Pre-cruise: Three nights in Geneva, Switzerland / Post-cruise: Three in nights in Barcelona, Spain
- Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps sailing on board AmaMora and AmaSerena from Amsterdam to Basel (or reverse) will enchant guests with vineyard-clad hills, charming villages and castles strung like pearls along the banks of the Rhine river.
- Land options: Pre-cruise: Two nights in Amsterdam, Netherlands / Post-cruise: Three nights in Lake Como, Italy
- Best of Holland & Belgium sailing on board the AmaSerena round-trip from Amsterdam will provide history buffs with a close-up look at the region’s rich historical past with visits to Utrecht and Dordrecht, Holland’s oldest city.
- Land options: Pre and Post-cruise: Two nights in Amsterdam, Netherlands
In addition, AmaWaterways will further enhance its pre- and post-cruise experiences with a new land extension in the Champagne region of France where guests can visit acclaimed vineyards and savor tastings of Veuve Clicquot and Moet et Chandon. This land program will be available as an add-on to Europe’s Rivers & Castles, Rhine & Moselle Splendors and Vineyards of the Rhine & Moselle itineraries.
Added Rewards for Early Bookings – Guests booking by April 30, 2020 will receive 5 percent cruise savings on balcony staterooms and suites for all 2021 Mekong and Europe cruises (excluding Holiday Cruises), plus up to $1,500* savings per stateroom on select departures. For 2021 Holiday Cruises, AmaWaterways is welcoming the season early with Holiday Triple Savings* including $1,000 off per person, a complimentary stateroom upgrade and $50 per person onboard credit.