The Tides Inn Reopens!
With new safety plans, exciting promotions, and only 5 hours from Philadelphia, this maritime resort is calling your name!
The beautiful Tides Inn, located on a marina in the Chesapeake Bay, is the exact relaxing escape travelers are looking for. The coastal resort, open since 1947, just enjoyed a multi-million dollar resort update to meet modern day travelers’ needs. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or new golf destination, this maritime, water facing resort has it all.
In celebration of their reopening, The Tides Inn is offering some great promotions. Check them out here, contact your Avenue Two Travel advisor, and then spend your time exploring the Virginia Wine Trail, setting sail on Carter’s Creek or hitting the links at the scenic Golden Eagle Golf Course.
Or perhaps you want to slow down and unwind a little at the Journey Spa. Savor the tranquility while you enjoy treatments designed to provide relaxation, rejuvenation and healing.
Traveling with children? Bayside Explorers Kids Club is offered Tuesday through Saturday with morning and afternoon sessions available. Some signature activities include fishing and crabbing lessons, a tour of Steamboat Museum, and plenty of opportunities to learn about the sea and ocean life.
When making the decision to travel in a COVID-19 world, we understand that your comfort and safety is of the utmost importance. The Tides Inn is doing everything in their power to ensure your well-being.
For your convenience, we have copied The Tides Inn Well-Being Standards below:
The Tides Inn Safety & Well-Being
“The Tides Inn team has been hard at work preparing for your arrival. They are committed to the safety and well-being of their team, guests and community and want to share with you their new operating procedures, developed to the highest standard of cleanliness and safety.
General Resort Information
- The resort has been thoroughly deep cleaned and sanitized and will maintain a rigorous cleaning schedule.
- Hand sanitizing stations in all public buildings and scattered around property.
- Personal protective masks and gloves are available.
- Guest transportation will be suspended until further notice.
- Daily temperature readings.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn by all team members.
Arrivals & Departures
- Check-in will be expedited to accommodate minimal contact. Upon arrival, guests will be greeted at their vehicle curbside for a touch-free check-in process. A modified front desk check-in and orientation at the front desk lobby is available upon request.
- In lieu of traditional valet service, team members will guide guests to convenient self-parking.
- Bell service will be available upon request. Bellmen will practice physical distancing guidelines while delivering luggage to the guest room.
- Guest folios are emailed prior to departure so there is no need to visit the front desk to complete the checkout process. A printed copy of a guest folio is available upon request.
In order to provide guests with a superior level of housekeeping, daily service has been refined to accommodate personal preferences and maintain physical distancing.
- Upon arrival, confirm housekeeping preferences and discuss options for daily services, linen exchanges and nightly turndown.
- Housekeeping will only enter a guest room when it is empty.
- New sets of in-room amenities, such as bathroom toiletries and coffee pods, will be provided for each guest during their stay. These items will be changed when the room is deep cleaned and sanitized between guest stays.
- In accordance with Virginia state laws, Chesapeake Restaurant and Fish Hawk Oyster Bar will be available for take out for in-house guests and locals. Guests are invited to pick up orders from the respective restaurant host stand, while locals may carry-out dockside or curbside.
- When dining room seating is permitted by local authorities, indoor seating will be reduced and all bar seating removed to allow for at least six feet between each seated group. Patio spaces will be reconfigured to allow for al fresco dining in a more spacious layout. All printed menus will be single-use and all pens and check presenters will be cleaned or discarded after each guest.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks, will be worn by restaurant team members in accordance with CDC guidelines and Virginia state laws.
- In-Room Dining is available from 6am – 11pm with non-contact delivery.
- In addition to our already high standard of cleaning, the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces, such as door handles.
Spa & Well-Being
- The Spa at the Tides Inn will remain temporarily closed. We will reopen at a later date in compliance with CDC guidelines and Virginia state laws.
- The fitness center and group classes will be available to no more than six guests at a time to ensure appropriate distancing.
Activities & Amenities
- All scheduled activities will be private and limited to individual families or single parties of no more than six guests.
- All sporting equipment will be thoroughly cleaned following CDC guidelines.
- Sporting areas, such as tennis courts, croquet and bocce ball, will be available to guests through a private reservation.
- The retail store will be open 8am – 8pm with a maximum of four guests in the store at a time. Staff will follow social distancing guidelines and maintain a personal space of at least six feet when assisting guests. Fitting rooms will be closed until further notice.
- Bayside Explorers will be open for private reservations only. Reservations will be limited to a maximum of six children from the same family.
- When public pools are permitted to reopen by local authorities, our pools will operate as follows:
- Pool capacity will be reduced and chaise lounges will be separated between parties by 6 feet.
- Chaise lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas will be sanitized after each use.
- Ladders, stair rails and frequent contact surfaces will be thoroughly sanitized every hour.
- The Golden Eagle Golf Club is open for play 7am – 8pm daily. Guests will check-in outside of the Clubhouse upon arrival.
- The Golden Eagle Clubhouse is closed to the public, except for restroom facilities.
- Golf carts are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after each guest use. Golf carts will be limited to single use unless accompanied by family members from the same household.
- The Golden Eagle Grill will remain temporarily closed. Once open, The Golden Eagle Grill will have reduced seating with minimum six feet separation between tables and comply with CDC guidelines and Virginia state laws.
- The Tides Inn Marina is open and welcoming boats for overnight stays or day-use.
- Boaters are asked to ready a line forward and aft, reachable by the Tides Inn team members. To ensure minimal contact, the team member will secure the two lines on their own. Guests will be responsible for final securing and hookups once disembarked.
- Duffy boat rentals are available for reservations and are limited to one family per group.
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces, such as gangways, door handles, deck furniture and more.
The above procedures and modified programming are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC and Virginia state laws.”
© 2020 the Tides Inn, Enchantment Group and their respective logos are the trademarks of Enchantment Group LLC, and its affiliates.